June 23, 2010

What's Now: Life in the Limelight

Have you heard about the new Limelight Marketplace in New York City? Family friend James Mansour designed the space in the former church, then nightclub, and created an indoor market inspired by outdoor European bazaars. I’ve been there dozens of times since it’s opened, and my favorite stop is the candy store, IT'SUGAR. The shimmery pink materials framing the doorway and encircling the center display get my mouth watering for sour watermelons – my weak sweet spot! With the Havaianas booth right in front, I was inspired to pick up a new pink pair to add to my flipflop collection – a must for my 15 block daily commute.

It’s amazing how some white paint and the clean lines of the black and white stone flooring transformed this dark and dreary (and almost creepy!) place into a fun escape for gift buying and summer treats. It’s a refreshing addition to Sixth Ave, with a little delicious taste of glamour thrown in.

No comments:

Post a Comment